In this article, let us see the different ways to invite Fireflies to your meetings.
What is Fireflies.ai?
- Fireflies is an AI meeting assistant that joins your meetings and takes notes for you. Our AI assistant's name is Fred. It will join the meeting as a participant with the firstname.lastname@example.org email and then capture, transcribe, summarize, and send the notes afterward.
Related Article: How to control the Fireflies meeting auto join settings?
Here are the different ways you can invite Fireflies to your meetings.
Method 1: Invite Fireflies from your calendar
- Create a meeting on Google or Microsoft Outlook Calendar and Invite email@example.com to the meeting.
- For Google Meet or Zoom, make sure to include the web conferencing URL on the calendar invite. Fireflies will join your meeting based on the start and end time you've set.
- If you prefer this manual method, make sure you have selected Join only when I invite firstname.lastname@example.org on Autojoin Settings.
Also read: How to Set Fireflies to Manual
Method 2: Invite Fireflies from the Settings
- Configure Fireflies to automatically join meetings. Fireflies will automatically join any meeting on your calendar that has a meeting URL. There would be no need to manually invite it each time.
- To do that, go to your Fireflies dashboard within Settings> Meeting Autojoin settings.
- On the Autojoin Settings section, select either the option Join all calendar events that have a meeting link or Join only calendar events that I own.
- Alternatively, you can invite Fireflies to your meeting from the Autojoin settings on your dashboard
Also read: How to Configure Your Autojoin Settings
Method 3: Invite Fireflies from the Dashboard
- Within your Fireflies Dashboard go to the Add to Live meeting option and select the Add now button.
- You can fill out the meeting name (optional), enter the meeting URL on the Add to Live meeting module and Invite Fireflies to your meeting
How do I know that Fireflies joined my meeting?
- When it is time, Fireflies will ask permission to join the meeting and the Meeting Host will receive a prompt.
- If the Meeting Host admits Fireflies, you will see a participant with the name Fireflies.ai Notetaker.
Related article: How to add Fireflies to your Live meetings?
To ensure your Fireflies settings are configured correctly to record, you can double check your Meeting Autojoin Settings to ensure Fireflies will join and record all internal meetings, external meetings, and meetings created by other hosts.
If you have questions regarding how Fireflies joins your meetings, please reach out at email@example.com