This article lets us see the different ways to invite Fireflies to your meetings.
To manually invite Fireflies to a meeting:
- Create a new meeting in Google or Outlook.
- Add email@example.com as a guest.
- Click Save. Then click "Send invitation emails" to send to all guests.
Also read: How to Set Fireflies to Manual
Fireflies will now join the meeting when it starts.
Note: By default, you must invite the Fireflies bot to meetings. Change this setting in your dashboard to allow Fireflies to auto-join meetings.
To have Fireflies automatically join your meetings:
- In the Fireflies dashboard, turn on Auto-join calendar events.
- By default, this will allow Fireflies to join all meetings on your calendar - both those you host and those where you are a participant.
- To limit access to only meetings you own as host, select Join only calendar events I own from the drop-down menu instead.
To have Fireflies join a live meeting at any time:
- In the Fireflies dashboard, click Capture Live Meeting.
- Paste the meeting URL and click on Invite Fireflies.
This allows Fireflies to join the live meeting as a participant. Works for Zoom, Google Meet, Microsoft Teams, and other popular platforms.
How Fireflies join my meetings?
When it's time for a meeting Fireflies has been invited to:
- Fireflies will ask the meeting host for permission to join.
- If admitted, "Fireflies.ai Notetaker" will appear in the participant list.
Related article: How to add Fireflies to your Live meetings?
Double-check your Meeting Autojoin Settings in Fireflies to confirm it can join and record, internal meetings, external meetings, and meetings created by others.
We hope this guide covers everything you need to invite Fireflies to your meetings successfully. Please reach out to us with any other questions.