In this article, let’s cover how the transcription credits, storage, and rate limits apply across the Free, Pro, and Business tiers in Fireflies.
Everything about the transcription credits
1. What are transcription credits?
- Fireflies requires transcription credits to transcribe your meeting or audio files. Currently, Fireflies requires 1 credit to transcribe 1 meeting or uploaded file.
2. How many transcription credits do you get on Fireflies?
- Here’s how many transcription credits you get across the different plans in Fireflies.
|Plans||Video Conferencing Bot/ Chrome Extension||Mobile App|
|Free Plan||up to 3 credits||
10 credits for new users
5 credits for existing user
|Pro & Business||Unlimited||Unlimited|
3. Can I get past meetings on the Free tier transcribed when I upgrade to a paid plan?
- Yes, if you had meetings on the free tier you can have those meetings transcribed after you upgrade to a paid plan.
- You can use your monthly rate limits to transcribe those past meetings. Once you exceed the monthly limit, an additional overage of $0.01/min will be applied to those past meetings.
4. How do I get more transcription credits on the free tier?
- You can get more transcription credits by upgrading to a paid plan or by inviting more team members to your workspace
Related Article: How to invite more team members to your workspace
Everything about Rate Limits
5. How are the number of transcription minutes calculated, and when do they reset?
- The number of transcription minutes is calculated based on the duration of the uploaded audio or video files. These minutes reset at the beginning of each calendar month.
6. Can transcription minutes be rolled over to the next month if they aren't used up?
- No, any unused transcription minutes from one month do not roll over to the next month. The monthly limit is reset at the beginning of each month.
Everything about the Storage Limits
1. What are storage limits?
- Storage is the sum of all meeting minutes stored in your Fireflies Notebook—whether it is audio files you uploaded or the live meetings you transcribed. It’s calculated based on mins/seat.
2. What is the total storage limit across the plans?
|Plans||Total Storage Limit (per seat/user)|
|Free plan||800 mins/seat|
|Pro plan||8000 mins/seat|
|Business Plan||Unlimited for the team|
3. Is the storage limit recurring or fixed?
- The storage limit is the all-time total storage limit for you and your teammates. It's similar to the cloud storage limit for an online storage system like Gdrive or Dropbox.
- There is no monthly rate limit on storage.
4. How to increase my storage limits?
- Similar to transcription credits, you can increase your account’s storage limit by inviting people to your team workspace.
- This is only applicable to Free and Pro plan users since Business plans have unlimited storage.
5. How does shared storage work for teams?
- Storage within the team workspace is shared among all the teammates
- Free & pro plan users have storage per seat basis, the more teammates you add in your team the more shared storage you would get
- For example, Your team is on a pro plan and you have 4 members within your team.
- Now your total team storage would be 8000*4 = 32,000 mins which would be shared among all your teammates.
6. What happens when I hit the storage limit?
- Your future meetings will be captured, however, you will need to delete files from your notebook to be able to access them.
7. What’s the difference between storage limits and rate limits?
- Storage limits are the sum total of all the meeting minutes stored in Fireflies. Rate limits is the limit imposed on transcribing your past meetings or audio uploads/mo.
Hope this article explained transcription credits, storage and rate limits for meetings. If you've any further questions about Fireflies, feel free to drop an email at firstname.lastname@example.org