This article explains Fireflies transcription credits, storage, and rate limits for the Free, Pro, and Business tiers
What are transcription credits?
- Transcription credits are tokens required to generate summaries from your meeting transcripts or uploaded files in Fireflies.
Note: Inviting the Fireflies bot to all meetings provides unlimited transcription for free. Transcription credits are only needed for generating summaries.
How many transcription credits do I get on Fireflies?
- Here’s how many transcription credits you get across the different plans in Fireflies.
|Video Conferencing Bot
|Chrome extension for Gmeet meetings
New users - 10 credits
Existing users - 5 credits
|Pro & Business
Related article: Get unlimited meeting transcripts in Fireflies' Free Plan
Can I transcribe past meetings when you upgrade to a paid plan?
How to get more transcription credits on the free tier?
- You can get more transcription credits by upgrading to a paid plan or by inviting more team members to your workspace.
Related Article: How to invite more team members to your workspace
What are storage limits?
- Storage is the sum of all meeting minutes stored in your Fireflies Notebook—whether it is audio files you uploaded or the live meetings you transcribed. It’s calculated based on minutes/seat.
What is the total storage limit across the plans?
|Total Storage Limit (per seat/user)
|Unlimited for the team
Is the storage limit recurring or fixed?
- The storage limit is the all-time total storage limit for you and your teammates. It's similar to the cloud storage limit for an online storage system like Gdrive or Dropbox.
- There is no monthly rate limit on storage.
How to increase my storage limits?
- Similar to transcription credits, you can increase your account’s storage limit by inviting people to your team workspace.
- This is only applicable to Free and Pro plan users since Business plans have unlimited storage.
How does shared storage work for teams?
- Storage within the team workspace is shared among all the teammates
With Free and Pro plans, storage resources are allocated per user. By adding teammates, your total available pooled storage increases.
For example, if your team has 4 users on the Pro plan, your storage would be 8000 minutes * 4 members = 32,000 total minutes. This gets shared among the entire team.
What happens when I hit the storage limit?
- Your future meetings will be captured, however, you will need to delete files from your notebook to access them.
What’s the difference between storage limits and rate limits?
- Storage limits are the total of all the meeting minutes stored in Fireflies. Rate limits are the number of minutes of past meetings or audio uploads you can transcribe every month.
Hope this article explained transcription credits, storage, and rate limits for meetings. If you have any questions about Fireflies, feel free to reach out here.