Zapier is a platform that lets you automate your workflow by telling the apps you use what to do. A simple Fireflies workflow would be to automate inviting Fireflies to your meetings by way of Google Calendar.
In this article, let us see how to integrate Zapier with Fireflies.
How to Integrate Zapier with Fireflies
- First, log in to your Fireflies account and then click Integrations on the main menu found on the left. On the Integrations page, hit the Zapier icon.
- Copy the API Key--you would be needing that later. Click the Connect button.
- Log in to your Zapier account.
- At this point, you're ready to make a Zap in Zapier, which is simply setting up an action that is executed whenever a trigger happens. For our purposes here, we will invite Fireflies to our meetings using Gmail.
- To start, hit the Make a Zap button.
- Name your Zap (e.g. Monday Townhall).
Choose App: Fireflies.ai
Choose Trigger Event: New Meeting
- Sign in to Fireflies.ai.
- To allow Zapier to access your Fireflies account (as the prompt asks), paste your API Key and type the associated email.
- Now you can configure your meeting preferences including enabling speaker names or choosing transcript format.
- Zapier allows you to test whether this action is working thus far. Click Test Trigger to do so. Here's what it looks like when it was successfully accomplished:
Choose App: Gmail
Choose Action Event: Create Draft
- Choose which Gmail account you're going to use and sign in. This section is where you make your customizations (e.g. email address from/to, title, body message).
- You can test this event action if it's working the way you intended it to.
- Click Turn On Zap. On the Fireflies Zapier Integrations page, it should register as connected.
|All of the notes Fireflies sends you will automatically be sent to your Zapier workflow.|
- Fireflies.ai has a "New Meeting" trigger event. This event is triggered when a new meeting is created with a transcript.
- There are two actions that are possible via Zapier: 1) Create a newer audio 2) Actions to search meetings
- This action allows users to upload - MP3 or WAV - audio files automatically. Audio files under 100MB will be processed and made available in the Fireflies notebook. Learn more
Find meeting by ID: This search action lets you search for a meeting by the exact meeting ID
Find meeting by Call details: This search action lets you search across the Meeting title, Date of the meeting or the emails of the host or participant.
If there are multiple meetings that match the title, the most recent meeting will be fetched
Find recent meeting: This search action fetches the most recent meeting that was processed by Fireflies.
Hope this article helped you to integrate Zapier with Fireflies and make a Zap. If you still have any questions related to Fireflies, feel free to ask your questions here.