In this article, let us see how to invite Fireflies to meetings from multiple email aliases.
What is an alias and how does it work?
Alias are multiple email accounts owned by the same person.
- You may have different email ids or aliases that you use, which are different from the email address you used to sign up with Fireflies.
- For example, you may have used firstname.lastname@example.org to signup to fireflies. But you may have email@example.com that you use to conduct meetings.
- In order to be able to invite Fireflies with different email ids and still see the meetings in the same Notebook afterward, you need to invite the other emails as teammates.
How to invite other emails as an alias
You can watch this video or read the steps below to invite other emails as an alias.
- Go to the Team Settings and Click the Invite Members
- You will see a suggested list of teammates that you can invite or you can manually enter their email addresses and invite them.
- There is also an invite URL you can copy and share with your teammates.
- After you invite a member, those aliases will receive an email. If this is your alias email, you can click on Join now to be added as a team member to your admin email.
- You need to log out of your current account and log in with those aliases. As a best practice, you can right-click on the Join now button and select open the link in the Incognito window.
- Login to your account with the alias email
- Fireflies will treat each alias as if they are a new user. You can now use the alias email to conduct meetings and get the meetings under your Notebook.
More FAQs about Email Alias
- Yes. You can add firstname.lastname@example.org as an alias. You can invite email@example.com as a teammate (using the above steps) and log in to Fireflies using firstname.lastname@example.org. Alias will be created.
- Note: At the moment, you can create an alias only if your email allows Fireflies to sync with your Google or Outlook calendar.
Q2: How many Alias emails can I add?
- If you're on the free plan, you can add as many alias emails as you'd want. Note that, here you will have limited transcription credits and storage
- If you're in the paid plan (Pro or business), you can add at the most two alias emails under your current admin email
- Anything in excess of two will be charged as one seat and will have the same plan as your main email address
Q3: Does the alias email need to have an account in Fireflies?
- Yes. Alias's email needs to have an account in Fireflies.
- You can use the Invite team member option to send an invite to the alias email
- Login to Fireflies using the alias email.
Q4: If I add two aliases in the Free plan, would it change my overall transcription credits and storage?
- Assuming that you've used a Gmail id to signup, in the free plan, you get 800 mins of storage and 1 transcription credit/seat.
- When you add two alias emails in your free plan, it's essentially like adding two teammates or accounts into your workspace.
- So, in this case, your entire team will get
- Total storage of 2400 mins (800*3 accounts)
- Total transcription credits of 3 (1 credit*3 accounts)
If there are certain aliases that are not added to your team after sending an invite, feel free to ask your questions here.