Fireflies can join meetings based on invitations created in Google or Outlook Calendar. It follows the start time of the event and uses the web-conferencing URL to join the call.
There are different ways to invite Fireflies to your meetings. Select the option that is best for your situation.
When it is time, Fireflies will ask permission to join the meeting and the Meeting Host will receive a prompt
The Meeting Host may click Admit to allow recording or Deny Entry to proceed without it. Fireflies join meetings as a participant. If given permission to join, its name would appear as Fireflies.ai Notetaker.
How to Remove Fireflies.ai Notetaker From the Meeting
Just like any participant, you can kick out Fireflies.ai Notetaker at any time. It will stop recording from that point, but still process the transcription for the duration it was in the meeting.
Remove Fireflies from welcome screen within Fireflies dashboard
- Go to Fireflies Welcome screen.
- Look for your Live meeting currently
- Click on End meeting button to remove Fireflies from the meeting
Remove Fireflies from meeting status screen within Fireflies dashboard
- Go to Fireflies meeting status screen.
- If your meeting is still running it would have Active status in front of it.
- Click End meeting button to remove Fireflies from the meeting