In this article, let's see the different ways in which you can add Fireflies to a meeting that you want it to be a part of. Here's what we will cover:
How Fireflies Joins Your Meetings?
- Fireflies joins the meetings based on meeting invitations created in Google/Outlook calendar. It follows the start time of the event and uses the web conference URL to join the call.
|Note: Make sure you've configured the correct auto-join settings that suit your business needs
What happens when you add Fireflies to a meeting?
- Fireflies stays in the meeting as a silent participant till the end of the meeting and records the meeting notes for you.
- After ten to twelve minutes, you'll get the recorded meeting and transcripts in your Fireflies Notebook
Related article: How to stop Fireflies from automatically joining all your meetings?
How to add Fireflies to a meeting (with a prior invite)
- Fireflies will join your meeting right on time or a few minutes before. Fireflies will ask permission to join the meeting and the Meeting Host will receive a prompt
- The Meeting Host may click Admit to allow recording or Deny Entry to proceed without it. Fireflies joins the meeting as a participant. If given permission to join, its name would appear as Fireflies.ai Notetaker.
|Note: There are different ways to invite Fireflies to your meetings. Select an option that is best for your situation.
Related article: How to remove Fireflies from a meeting?
How to add Fireflies to a Meeting (without a prior invite)
You can also add Fireflies to a Live meeting without a prior invite. Here's how to do it.
- Go to your Fireflies dashboard, click on Add to Live meeting
- Copy your Gmeet meeting link
- Paste the link within the capture Live meeting popup box and click on the Invite Fireflies button
- Click on the Open Meeting button
- Fireflies will ask permission to join the meeting and the Meeting Host will receive a prompt
- The Meeting Host may click Admit to allow recording or Deny Entry to proceed without it. Fireflies join meetings as a participant. If given permission to join, its name would appear as Fireflies.ai Notetaker.
- Instead of adding Fireflies to your meetings each time, you can completely configure how Fireflies should join your meetings. You can read more about it below:
Related article: How to configure your Fireflies meeting settings
If you still have any questions about using Fireflies, feel free to ask your questions here.