Fireflies can only work with the GSuite version of Google Meet. Below are the different ways to invite Fireflies to Google Meet meetings.
Method 1: Invite Fireflies from your calendar
- Create a meeting on Google Calendar
- Invite firstname.lastname@example.org to the meeting
Also read: How to Set Fireflies to Manual
Method 2: Invite Fireflies from the Settings
- Configure Fireflies to automatically join meetings. Fireflies will automatically join any meeting on your calendar that has a meeting URL. There would be no need to manually invite it each time.
- To do that, go to your Fireflies dashboard within Settings> Meeting Autojoin settings.
- On the Autojoin Settings section, select either the option Join all calendar events that have a meeting link or Join only calendar events that I own.
- Alternatively, you can invite Fireflies to your meeting from the Autojoin settings on your dashboard
Also read: How to Configure Your Autojoin Settings
Method 3: Invite Fireflies from the Dashboard
- Within your, Fireflies Dashboard go to the Add to Live meeting option and select the Add now button.
- You can fill out the meeting name (optional), enter the meeting URL on the Add to Live meeting module and Invite Fireflies to your meeting
How do I know that Fireflies joined my meeting?
- When it is time, Fireflies will ask permission to join the meeting and the Meeting Host will receive a prompt.
- If the Meeting Host admits Fireflies, you will see a participant with the name Fireflies.ai Notetaker.
Related article: How to add Fireflies to your Live meetings?
To ensure your Fireflies settings are configured correctly to record, you can double check your Meeting Autojoin Settings to ensure Fireflies will join and record all internal meetings, external meetings, and meetings created by other hosts.