In this article, we will cover all the steps you need to set up your Fireflies account before the meeting.
Setting up your account before the meeting - Checklists
In this section, we will cover all the steps you need to set up your Fireflies account before the meeting.
1. Configure the meeting auto-join settings and recap
- You can set which meetings Fireflies should join by accessing the meeting auto-join settings on the right-hand side of your Fireflies dashboard.
There are five types of auto-join settings. Let’s explore what each setting means:
|Autojoin setting||What does it mean?|
|Join all calendar events with web-conf link||Fireflies automatically joins and records all the meetings you attend or host.|
|Join only calendar events that I own||Fireflies automatically joins and records only the meetings you host.|
|Join calendar events only when I invite firstname.lastname@example.org||Fireflies joins and records calls only when invited manually from the Calendar or Dashboard|
|Join only internal events with CompanyDomain.com teammates||Fireflies will automatically record all internal meetings (all participants in your organization)
e.g: Weekly Team Meetings, 1:1, etc.
|Join only external events with non-CompanyDomain.com teammates||Fireflies will automatically record all meetings with external participants (participants NOT in your organization)
e.g: Sales Demos, Customer Meetings etc.
Note: Our system will detect which meetings are with teammates and which meetings are with external folks based on the email domains of the other participants on the meeting invite.
Email Recap Settings:
- You can configure your email settings and set who should receive the meeting transcripts and recaps after the meeting. Here are the various options.
|Email Settings||What does it mean?|
|Send recaps to me and participants from my team||Fireflies will send the recap email to only you and participants who belong to your workspace|
|Send recaps to only me and participants from corporate email id||Fireflies will send the recap email to only you and participants who have a corporate email id|
|Send recaps to everyone on the invite||Fireflies will send recaps to all participants who joined your meeting link|
|Send recaps only to me||Fireflies will send the meeting recap only to you|
- To know more about how to configure your auto-join settings, here is the support article to help you.
Related article: How to configure Fireflies auto-join settings
2. Preferred language:
- You can go to the Fireflies Settings and select the Meeting Language spoken during your meetings. Fireflies will then transcribe your meetings in that language.
- We support over thirty-two different languages including German, French, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, and Dutch.
Related article: What languages do Fireflies support?
3. Privacy settings
- Within settings, you can customize who can view the meeting recap links from your Fireflies dashboard.
- This is useful when you want to hide specific meetings (e.g: Internal meetings or Appraisal reviews) from the view of specific teammates.
|Privacy setting||What does it mean?|
|Anyone with link||Anyone who has your meeting link can view your meeting.|
|Only participants and team-mates||Only meeting participants or members with your same workspace email can view your meeting|
|Only participant||Only participants who attended your meeting will be able to view the meeting|
|Only team-mate||Only teammates with your same workspace email will be able to view the meeting|
|Only you||Only you- the meeting host will be able to view the meeting|
Related article: How to configure your email and privacy settings
4. Meeting recordings(video)
- You can record meeting videos by enabling this option from the setting. This option is available only in the Business tier.
Related article: How to capture meeting videos using Fireflies
5. Meeting Rules
- The Meeting rules lets Fireflies join or skip meetings based on the Meeting titles. It works based on the join settings you’ve chosen. There are two types of meeting rules:
- This rule works only if you’ve set Fireflies to join all the meetings with a web-conf link.
- You can enter the keywords of the meeting titles within the bar rules text box and click on Save. When Fireflies detects these keywords it will automatically skip these meetings.
- This rule works for all the auto-join rules except for the primary auto-join setting ( join all the meetings with a web-conf link).
- You can enter the keywords of the meeting titles within the join rule text box and click on Save. When Fireflies detects these keywords in the meeting titles, it will join those meetings.
Related article: How to setup meeting rules on Fireflies
6. Meeting compliance msg
- Meeting compliance lets you notify the participants before the start of the meeting that the call is being recorded for note-taking and transcription purposes.
- You can customize the compliance notification message. When you toggle it on, Fireflies will inform the participants that the meeting will be recorded for note-taking purposes.
- Participants also get a link to opt out of having Fireflies attend the call. If at least one participant opts out, Fireflies won’t join or capture the meeting.
Related article: Following Meeting Recording Rules as a Fireflies User
7. Industry settings
- Fireflies has speech models that understand 13+ Industry jargon. You can pick from any of these Industry settings options and let Fireflies optimize the speech model for your industry.
8. Custom Vocabulary
- You can improve your transcript quality by adding custom vocabulary. You can add participant names and local phrases that you’d use in your meetings and let Fireflies accurately track those words in your meeting.
Related article: Difference between custom vocabulary and topic trackers
9. Set Topic trackers & voice commands
- The topic tracker lets you track keywords spoken during your meeting. For example, if you are having a call with your marketing team, you can create a marketing topic tracker to track all the marketing-related keywords.
- So, whenever, words like SEO, blogs, or Email outreach are mentioned in the call, Fireflies will be able to track it in your calls.
Related article: How to setup topic trackers
10. Invite Teammates
- You can invite team members to your workspace by going to Team and clicking on the invite members button.
- You can also go to the Team Settings option and configure Fireflies meeting settings for your entire team.
Related article: How to auto-add teammates to your workspace
11. Set Integrations
- Integrations let you connect Fireflies with all major diallers, project management tools, video conferencing apps, storage apps, CRM, and many more.
Here are some integrations you can try as you get started with Fireflies.
1. Connect Fireflies with a Dialer
- You can integrate Fireflies with any popular dialler like Aircall or Hubspot dialler. All your calls and voicemails will be recorded, transcribed, and organized within your Fireflies Notebook.
Related article: How to integrate Fireflies with Aircall
2. Connect Fireflies with a CRM tool
- You can connect Fireflies with CRMs like Hubspot, Salesforce, FreshSales, Pipedrive, and more.
Related article: How to Setup a Fireflies Hubspot Integration (Guide)
3. Connect Fireflies with Project management tools
- You can connect Fireflies with Project management tools like Asana, Trello, Monday.com, Notion and use voice commands to automate workflows, create tasks, or push meeting notes.
Related article: How to integrate Asana with Fireflies
4. Connect Fireflies with Zapier
- In addition to these integrations, Fireflies also integrates with Zapier to create a smooth workflow between your favorite apps.
- These Fireflies Zapier workflows minimize switching between apps, thereby improving productivity by automating meeting workflows. You can do the following Zapier integration workflows:
- Transcribe video files & video recordings using Fireflies + Zapier
- Integrating telephony/dialers with Fireflies (for Pro/Business Tier)
- Transcribe calls from the RingCentral dialer instantly with Fireflies
- Integrate your CRM with Fireflies
Hope this article, helped you set up your Fireflies account before the meeting. Next, go ahead and invite Fireflies to your meetings.
If you've any doubts about getting started with Fireflies, feel free to drop us an email at email@example.com .