In this article, let us explore the Soundbites feature in detail. We will cover how to create and manage Soundbites with your team.
What are Soundbites
- A Soundbite is a small portion or a clip highlighting the most essential parts of your meetings.
- You can create multiple Soundbites within a single call so that your team can just go through these highlights instead of the entire call
- If the meeting has audio, soundbite would have only audio. If the meeting has video recorded then soundbite would also have a video by default.
Related article: How to enable video recording during your meeting calls
When are Soundbites useful?
Here are a few instances when Soundbites will be helpful:
- You want to review and reference the important highlights of any recorded conversation
- Share specific deliverables that your team shouldn't miss
- Share specific feedback from a customer with your success or engineering team
- Report a specific issue that a customer is facing and pass it on to your product team
- Let your team get insights from hundreds of calls by grouping Soundbites from multiple calls into Playlists
How to Create the Soundbite feature
1. Create Soundbite from the call transcript
- Go to your Notebook and click on any meeting
- This opens the meeting Notepad. You can highlight a specific portion of the text from the meeting transcript on the right-hand side. Click on the Create Soundbite option
- This opens a pop-up box where you can customize the below Soundbite details.
- Soundbite Title: The default Soundbite title will be your meeting title. You can click on the Soundbite title textbox and give a suitable name
- Soundbite Access:
- Control who can view your Soundbite by clicking on the Soundbite Access dropdown
- You can now set the privacy control of the Soundbite independent of your meeting's privacy settings
- By default, anyone with a link can access your Soundbite. Here are the options you get
- Public: Anyone with a link can view your Soundbite
- Only Teammates and Participants: Only your teammates or meeting participants can view your Soundbite
- Only Participants: Only meeting participants can view your Soundbite
- Only Teammates: Only teammates can view your Soundbite
- Private: Only you can view the Soundbite
- Soundbite Access:
Related article: How to configure Meeting Privacy Settings in Fireflies
- Add to Playlist: You can organize the Soundbites into a Playlist to quickly deliver insights or retrieve a piece of specific information from your calls. If you don't have a Playlist yet, you can click on the Create a new Playlist option and create your first Playlist.
Note: You can add a single Soundbite to multiple Playlists.
- After you've configured your options, you can click on the Done option to create your Soundbite
- You'll see the Soundbite created under the Soundbites tab section. If the original meetings has video recording then soundbite would also have it.
2. Use the Create Soundbite button from the Soundbites Tab
- Go to the Soundbites tab and click on the Create Soundbite button
- Enter a start and end time to create a Soundbite
- You can also drag and select the audio player to highlight a specific moment
- After you've customized your Soundbite you can click on the Create Soundbite button to create your new Soundbite
- You can then customize your Soundbites title, privacy access and add it to a Playlist and click on Done
- The new Soundbite will be created under the Soundbites tab
Note: Admins can create or edit the Soundbite. Teammates who have access to your meetings can also create Soundbites.
Best Practices to name a Soundbite
- As you can have multiple Soundbites within a single call, it's always best to name your Soundbite based on the topic of discussion.
- For example, if you are creating a Soundbite around Competitor pricing, you can name your Soundbite as "Competitor X Price USP"|Mar13| Client Call"
Related article: How to create Topic trackers to identify important meeting topics
How to edit the Soundbite?
- To edit a Soundbite, go to the Soundbites tab and click on the 3 dots next to the Soundbite
- Click on the Edit option to edit your Soundbite
- Here you can edit the Soundbite's start and end time, titles, privacy view and click on Save
How to Delete a Soundbite?
- Click on the three dots next to the Soundbite title
- Select the Delete option. Your Soundbite will get removed from the Soundbites tab
How to Share the Soundbites?
1. Share Soundbites Individually
- You can share the Soundbite as a link with your team, participants, or any external person. You can get this copy link option while creating a Soundbite. This allows you to share an individual Soundbite.
- You can also go to the Soundbites tab, and click on the link icon next to a specific Soundbite you want to share. You can now share this link via email, slack, or any other channel that you prefer.
- When the person clicks on the link, they will be able to view your Soundbites depending on the Privacy access settings you've configured. Here is a screenshot of a Soundbite with Public access.
Note: When a Soundbite is set to Public access, anyone with a link can view the Soundbite. They don't need to have an account in Fireflies.
- The person will be able to see the Soundbite title, the hostname, and the entire Soundbite transcripts
- They can also search for a keyword within the Transcript and go through that portion of the Transcript
- They can also click on the Share button and share the Soundbite with their colleagues
- They can share the Soundbite as a link or via Twitter or Linkedin
2. Share Soundbites as a Group
- You can also share all the created Soundbites as a link. Go to the Soundbites tab, and click on the CopyAll button on the top
- You can then copy and paste the entire Soundbite audio link into a Word or Notion document and share it with your team
How to Create a Playlist and add your Soundbites?
- Within the meeting, highlight a portion of the transcript that you want to turn into a Soundbite. Select the Create Soundbite option
- This opens the Create a Soundbite pop-up box. On the bottom, you will see an Add to Playlist option. Click on the create a new Playlist option
- The create a Playlist pop-up box opens. Enter the Playlist name and set a Public, Team, or Private access and click on Create
- You'll be able to see the created Playlist within your Playlist page. You'll be able to see the count of Soundbites within your Playlist and the total Playlist minutes
- You can click on the three dots next to the Playlist title and select the Share option
- You can share this Playlist by entering the email id of your teammates individually, importing the contacts from Teams or Slack, or copying the link of your Playlist.
Related article: How to add Soundbites from the Playlist Tab?
Hope this article helped you to create, edit and share Soundbites. If you've any questions regarding Soundbites or Playlists, feel free to email us at email@example.com