This article covers how to set up the Native Zoom and Fireflies integration.
Setup Zoom and Fireflies Settings
1. Create a Role
- Open Zoom and navigate to the Roles under User Management. Click on 'Add Role'
- Enter a Role Name, Description and click on Add
2. Assign Permissions
- Within Roles, go to User and Permission Management and enable View Users
- Go to Account Management and enable View Recording Management
- Go to Reports and enable View Usage Reports
- Click ‘Save Changes’
- Click on the pencil icon next to the newly created Role
3. Add Members
- Go to Role Members and click Add Members to add team members
Note: Each user must have a paid Zoom plan to use Zoom Native integration.
4. Capture Speaker Labels
- Click on Settings and navigate to the Recording tab
- Under the Cloud recording, enable "Record a separate audio file of each participant."
- All meetings captured after will have speakers identified for your recorded Zoom meetings
5. Enable Join before host
- Within Zoom Settings, go to Meeting
- Select Allow participants to join before host.
6. Turn off participant authentication
- Within Zoom Settings, go to Security and disable Only authenticated users can join meetings from the Web Client
7. Enable video capture within Fireflies
- Enable the Record Meeting Video toggle on your Fireflies Settings page.
How to Integrate Zoom Native app with Fireflies
- In your Fireflies account, navigate to the Integrations page and select Zoom Native integration
- Click Connect under the Zoom Native Integration
- This activates Zoom Native integration
- Zoom Native Integration allows Fireflies to automatically transcribe and save calls recorded via Zoom Cloud without joining your meeting
- Once activated, just go to your Zoom meeting, and click Record to the Cloud
- The recorded Zoom meeting will be added to your Notebook
How to uninstall the Fireflies Zoom Integration
- Login to your Zoom account and navigate to the Zoom App Marketplace.
- Click Manage > Installed Apps or search for the Fireflies app
- Click the Fireflies app
- Click Uninstall
- Log in to Fireflies.ai, then click Integrations in the left panel
- Look for Zoom and click Disconnect
Hope this article helped you set up the Native Zoom app with Fireflies. Please reach out with any questions about using Fireflies here.