In this article, let us explore how to set Meeting rules from your Fireflies dashboard.
What are meeting rules?
- Meeting rules gives you the control over which meetings Fireflies should record and which ones are off the limits.
How to set the meeting rules
- Go to settings within your Fireflies dashboard and configure your auto join settings.
- The way meeting rules work depends on the settings you've chosen here. To know how to configure your autojoin settings, refer the below support guide.
Related article: How to configure your meeting auto-join settings
- Scroll down to the meeting rules. Here, you will find Bar rules and Join rules. Let us explore each of these rules.
Bar Rules - Stops Fireflies from Joining Meetings with these titles
- This rule works only if your Auto-join settings is on Join all calendar events that have a web-conf link.
- You can enter the keywords in the meeting title that you want Fireflies to ignore
- In our example, we have it configured firstname.lastname@example.org to join all meetings, except, meetings that have the words "family", "prayer", and "sarge" in the title.
Join Rules - Fred joins meetings that has these specific titles
- This rule works for all Autojoin Settings except for the primary autojoin (Join all cal events with a web-conf link).
- You can input keywords you want Fireflies to join. If the title of a meeting contains any of the words, it instructs email@example.com to join that meeting.
- In our example, we have it configured so that firstname.lastname@example.org joins meetings only when you explicitly invite it. Except, for meetings that have the words "voice", "lessons", and "student" in the title.
FAQs about Meeting Rules
Q. Does the join rule works only when the join setting is "Join calendar events only when I invite Fireflies.ai? Would it not work when the join setting is on "Calendar events that I own" or "Join only internal events with fireflies.ai teammates"?
- The point of Join settings is that if a meeting has a certain title, regardless of your join settings, Fireflies should join the call. So Join rules will work if you set Fireflies to any meeting setting condition except the Join all calendar events with web conf link.
Hope this article helped you to configure Fred to join only the meetings you want it to join. You can also check out our articles on how to invite Fred to your meetings.
Related article: How to invite Fireflies to your meetings
In case, you have any questions about how to configure Fred to join your meetings, drop us an email at email@example.com