In this guide, we will cover the steps to set up Hubspot with Fireflies.
By the end of this guide, you will be able to connect Hubspot with Fireflies for you and your team and automatically export call recordings under the corresponding contacts in Hubspot.
In this article, we will cover:
How to setup Fireflies with Hubspot as an admin
- Login to your Fireflies admin dashboard and click on Integrations
- Navigate to Hubspot on the Integrations page
- Click on the Connect button to integrate Hubspot with Fireflies
- Authenticate your HubSpot account using your Hubspot Login credentials
- You have integrated your Hubspot account with Fireflies
How to setup Hubspot integration for your workspace
- You can similarly enable Hubspot integration for your entire team/workspace. You can head over to the team integrations page and enable Hubspot integration.
Related article: How to setup Hubspot Integration for your workspace
Hubspot Settings: Control Call Activity Logs within Hubspot and Dialers
- By default, meeting notes will be logged in the Hubspot CRM under an appropriate contact. Here’s what will be included:
- A Link to your call transcript - Redirects you the Fireflies dashboard
- Audio recording of the call - Redirects you to the Fireflies dashboard
- A brief summary of the call - Bullet point meeting summary
Let’s explore these Settings further:
Only log meeting data if contact exists:
- By default Fireflies will create a new contact in your Hubspot account if it can’t find one. However, if this option is enabled, Fireflies won’t create new contacts but will only log data for existing contacts
Log just a note after a meeting ends:
- Fireflies will log the meeting both as a call and a note after a meeting ends. However if this option is enabled, Fireflies will log just the notes.
Transcribe the Hubspot Dialer calls:
- Enable this option to allow Fireflies to transcribe your Hubspot dialer calls
Log meeting notes under pipeline deals:
- If this option is checked, notes will be logged under deals from the selected pipeline instead of contacts.
- If you’ve created a deal in Hubspot, you can select it here
- After selecting all these options from the settings, click on Save settings.
How to test Hubspot connection using the Test Push Flow
After saving the Hubspot settings, you can insert the sample data and test the connection
- Insert Sample Data by selecting the Insert Sample Data button
- Click on Test Push Flow to test the connection
- You’ll get a success message if the connection was a success
- You’ll also find the two new test contacts within your Hubspot contacts
How to save meeting notes under an existing contact
- Here’s an existing contact within Hubspot. Let’s schedule a meeting with this contact and check how the meeting notes get saved
- Within your Fireflies dashboard, click on Schedule Meetings, connect to your preferred calendar (Google/Outlook) and invite the participant for the meeting.
Related Article: How to Invite Fireflies to Meetings
- Once the meeting starts, Fred will join the meeting and start recording the meeting notes
Related article: How to configure your meeting autojoin settings
- You can go back to your Hubspot CRM, 15-20 mins after the end of the meeting and click on the contact.
- You’ll find the transcripts, audio and the meeting summary logged within the Contacts under the Notes section.
How to save meeting notes under a new contact
- By default when a new contact joins your meeting, Fireflies will create a new contact within Hubspot and save the meeting notes within the contact.
Let’s see the steps:
- For example, let’s schedule a meeting with a new contact that’s not in Hubspot.
- You can see that the meeting happens, with the new contact (VaishakS ), admin and Fireflies notetaker joining the call
- You can back to your Hubspot CRM, 15-20 mins after the end of the meeting to find the new contact created in Hubspot
- You can also find a meeting transcript link, audio file and a brief summary under the notes section within the contact
How to save meeting notes under deals
Today by default, post a meeting Fireflies notes are pushed under the Contact. Take the following steps to start logging fireflies meeting summaries to deals that are connected to Contacts
- To use this feature, existing users of the integration will have to disconnect and reconnect the integration
- Enable this toggle to start logging meeting notes under Deals in Hubspot
- Once this toggle has been enabled, you should select the Pipeline in Hubspot. Meetings will get logged under Deals that are part of the selected pipeline.
- In addition to selecting the pipeline, the user can select the stages in the pipeline. Meeting notes will be created for deals that are part of the stages in the selected pipeline.
- In the event no pipeline or stage is selected, Fireflies will create meeting notes for all deals that are linked to the contacts that were part of the conversation.
How to process calls made using the Hubspot dialer
- In addition to logging meeting notes under your contacts, Fireflies can also process calls made using the Hubspot dialer.
- Once you have connected your integration, Fireflies will automatically start transcribing calls made using the Hubspot dialer by default.
- This can be controlled from the Hubspot integrations page
- Once calls are processed, you can find these conversations in your Fireflies notebook
Note: Within Hubspot, while making calls you need to:
- Hit the record button for the calls that you are receiving or making
- Once the call is done you need to mark the outcome of the call as "connected". Failing to do this would mean that Hubspot would not notify Fireflies that a conversation has been completed.
- Hope this article helped you integrate Fireflies with Hubspot. If you still have any questions on using Fireflies, feel free to ask your questions here.