If Fred (firstname.lastname@example.org) is not joining your meetings, please check any of these scenarios so you can get your meetings recorded and transcribed.
Scenario 1: Your Autojoin Setting is on Manual
- Manual just means you haven't configured email@example.com to automatically join your meetings. For example, if you select Join all calendar events that have a meeting link, then that tells it to automatically join such meetings.
- If it is on Join only when I invite firstname.lastname@example.org, you need to manually invite email@example.com to your meetings. You can also use Chrome Extension for this purpose.
Scenario 2: An invite was not sent to Fred
- When sending an invite to Fred, please make sure that you press Send Invitation to Google Calendar guests.
Scenario 3: There's no URL or Dial-in number and PIN on the Calendar Invite
- Fred needs a URL or Dial-in number and PIN for it to join your meeting. Here's a guide on how to do this.
- You can check out the guide listed in our Web Conference Integrations help guide if you are using an app other than Google Meet or Zoom.
Scenario 4: You did not sign-up properly
- Make sure that you have completed the onboarding process before inviting Fred to a meeting.
- If you are not sure, just go to app.fireflies.ai/setup to finish the setup process.
Scenario 5: Fireflies was unable to login
- If you or the meeting host mandate a login, such as a Google login, to ban anonymous guests, Fireflies will not be able to join the meeting.
- To resolve this, either you or the host can follow these steps to change the Meeting access type:
Click on the Host controls located in the bottom right-hand corner of your GMeet window. This will open the Host controls window. Scroll down to the "Meeting access type" section and select the "Open" checkbox.
What to do next?
If there are still issues, please ask your questions here along with the following details:
- Meeting title
- Time of meeting (please include Time zone)
- Web conferencing app used (Example: Zoom, Hangouts, Google Meet, etc)
- Screenshot of the invite
- Did Fred send a confirmation email that it will be joining?