In this article, let us see how to use the Fireflies Chrome Extension to record your meetings.
What is the Fireflies Chrome Extension?
- Fireflies Chrome Extension lets you to automatically record, transcribe, search, and share your Google Meet calls from the Chrome browser
- The Fireflies Chrome extension is a great alternative to the Fireflies Meeting Bot. You don't have to worry about inviting Fireflies bot to your meetings. Instead, capture directly from the Chrome browser.
Fireflies Chrome Extension currently captures only Google Meet Meetings. If you're using any other Web conferencing platform kindly use the Fireflies Notetaker bot from the app.fireflies.ai dashboard.
How to Install the Fireflies Chrome Extension
Install the extension from the Chrome extension store. After installation, click on the Extension icon on your navigation bar. Find the Fireflies Meeting recorder for Chrome, and click the pin icon
Click on the Fireflies icon and log in via your Google account
How does the Fireflies Chrome Extension Work
- After installing and logging into the Chrome extension, just open your Google Meet within your Chrome browser and the meeting would automatically start capturing by the extension.
- You would get a notification on the top right corner of your screen that the meeting has started capturing and is being transcribed.
While the meeting is being captured, you can stop the recording at any time from the extension drawer.
- When you stop the meeting within 3 mins then that meeting won't be saved and the recording would be deleted.
- Meetings stopped after 3 mins would be saved and the recording can be found within the Fireflies dashboard.
- When the meeting is over and you end the meeting by closing the tab or by leaving the meeting, the recording would be automatically captured and saved till that point and can be found in the notebook within your Fireflies dashboard.
- You would receive a notification at the top right corner of your screen that your meeting is being processed.
- You can share the meeting recording with other participants or teammates directly by entering their emails and clicking on share. All the users whose emails you entered would receive the email recap.
- You can click on 'Open Notebook' to reach your dashboard and find your meeting recording. You would also receive an email notification when your meeting is ready to view.
You can find your meeting within your dashboard. Meetings recorded via Chrome extension would have a Chrome icon on the notebook and on the notepad.
Chrome Extension Access drawer
- On the Chrome extension access drawer, you can click on 'View meetings' to land on your dashboard and find all your processed meetings so far.
How to prevent Chrome from auto-capturing your meetings?
- If you don't wish to auto-capture all your Google Meet meetings then you can disable the toggle for 'Auto capture meetings'. Once disabled, whenever you have a Google Meet meeting, it would explicitly ask you to record it which you can start at your will.
- If you are on a free plan, you can find the number of free credits left. Each Chrome extension meeting would require 1 credit to be transcribed.
- When you exhaust all your credits, your meetings from the Chrome extension would be saved & recorded but would not be transcribed. You would see a paywall and need to upgrade to a paid plan to transcribe that meeting.
- If you are on any paid plan (Pro or Business) then you can auto-capture & transcribe unlimited Google Meet recordings from the Chrome extension without any paywalls.
- Click on the Settings wheel in the top right corner of the Chrome extension drawer. If you don't wish to see sharing notifications after every meeting, you can disable the toggle for 'Allow sharing notification'.
- If the Fireflies Notetaker bot is already present inside the meeting and you don't want the Chrome extension to auto-capture the same meeting then disable the toggle 'Capture when Fireflies bot is invited'.
Clicking on Help will take you to our help desk where you find answers to other Fireflies guides/articles.
- If you refresh your Chrome tab during the meeting then the recording would be saved and processed till that point. On coming back to the meeting would start a new recording. In this case, you would find 2 meetings in your notebook, one before the tab refresh and one after it.
- If you invite the bot to your meeting and also record the meeting via the Chrome extension you would see 2 meetings within your dashboard (One from the bot and one from the chrome extension).
Transcribe Loom, Soapbox & Bubbles videos with the Chrome extension
- Fireflies Chrome extension also allows you to also capture & transcribe your Loom, Soapbox & Bubbles videos with just a single click.
- Within the Fireflies dashboard, you can store all of your videos from all of the 3 platforms we support.
How it works:
- Whenever you open any of Loom, Soapbox, or Bubbles in your Chrome browser, you would see a Fireflies icon floating on your screen.
- Click on the floating icon and the audio & video from that particular link would be saved and transcribed within the Fireflies dashboard.
- You would receive an email in a few mins when the recording is processed and ready to view.
- Once processed the recording can be found within your dashboard with an icon 'Captured via Chrome extension'.
Hope this article, helped you to use the Fireflies Chrome Extension to record your meetings. If you've any further questions, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org