In this article, let us see how to invite the Fireflies.ai notetaker bot to your Zoom meetings.
How to use Fireflies with Zoom
There are 2 ways to use Fireflies with Zoom:
Method 1: Using the Zoom Native Integration
- You can go to Integrations from your Fireflies dashboard and click on the Zoom native integration app. This will transcribe calls directly recorded within Zoom. Learn more about this approach.
Related article: How to set up the Native Zoom and Fireflies integration
Method 2: Using the Fireflies.ai Notetaker Bot
- You can have the Fireflies.ai Notetaker Bot join as a participant to record and transcribe the Zoom meeting.
Important Settings for Method 2
If you are using the Notetaker Bot, you'll need to make sure your Zoom Settings are updated to support it.
- Go to your Zoom settings. Click on the Meeting. Scroll down and make sure Only authenticated users can join meetings from the Web Client is turned off.
|Note: Because our AI assistant joins as a guest from the Zoom Web SDK, this needs to be updated for Fireflies to join your meetings reliably without any issues.
Optional Zoom Settings to Ensure Smooth Capture
- Enabling these settings will ensure that the Fireflies.ai Notetaker Bot joins consistently and reliably every time.
Turn On Join Before Host
- On Zoom's Meeting Options, we highly recommend that you check Enable join before host setting so that Fireflies can join on time if you are running late to the meeting.
Turn On/Off Waiting Room
- If you want to explicitly approve Fireflies into a meeting at the start of the Zoom call, you can turn this on. It’s just another layer of security in case you don’t want it in the meeting.
After configuring the above settings, you can invite Fireflies to your meeting.
Related article: Zoom settings for Fireflies Notetaker Bot
How to invite Fireflies to Your Zoom Meeting
Method 1: Calendar Invites
- Send a calendar invite to email@example.com. Make sure there is a Zoom URL and password somewhere in the calendar invite.
Method 2: Auto-join Settings
- Change your Fireflies meeting settings to auto-join in app.fireflies.ai/settings. Fireflies will automatically join any meeting on your calendar with a Zoom URL, and there is no need to invite it each time manually.
Method 3: Fireflies Dashboard
- Go to your Fireflies dashboard and select add to live meeting
- Type the Meeting name and the Meeting link with the password in the popup module and click on the Invite Fireflies button
Related article: How to invite Fireflies into your meetings
How to Kick Fireflies out of the Meetings
- If you need Fireflies to leave the meeting for whatever reason, you can kick it out of a meeting just like you would kick a Zoom participant out. Fireflies will not capture the remaining part of the meeting.
Related article: How to kick Fireflies out of the meeting?
Hope this article helped you to invite Fireflies.ai notetaker to your bot. In case, you have any questions or doubts about how to integrate your favorite apps with Fireflies, drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org