In this article, let’s explore AskFred for Chrome Browser and how to use it.
Intro to Askfred for Web
- AskFred for Web is the latest feature addition to the Fireflies Chrome extension.
- Simply open your Gmail, Google Docs, YouTube, Articles, or Case Studies and use AskFred to answer specific questions. Here’s an example:
Note: AskFred is available to users across all the plans (Free, Pro, Business, and Enterprise)
AskFred for Web -How it works?
- AskFred works based on the number of AI credits. Currently, each question you ask would exhaust one AI credit
- You would get a limited number of free AI credits when you install the Fireflies Chrome Extension
- Once your Free credits are exhausted you can purchase AI credits from the Fireflies dashboard
Related article: Everything you need to know about AI Credits and AskFred
How to Use AskFred from the Chrome Browser
- Install the Fireflies Chrome extension from the Chrome marketplace. After the installation, click on the extensions to use Fireflies. You can choose to pin Fireflies on your browser.
Note: You can use AskFred for Chrome only by signing up or logging in using your Google account
- Click on Continue with Google account
- AskFred will be enabled by default when you install the Chrome extension
- You can access it by clicking on the Fireflies Chrome Extension and then click on the Settings icon
- You can see that the Enable AskFred option is active by default.
- You’ll now find an AskFred button on the right-hand side of your Chrome browser. You can click on AskFred and start asking specific questions.
Related article: How to use the Fireflies Chrome Extension to record meetings
How to Disable AskFred on the Web
AskFred for Web will be enabled by default as soon as you install the Chrome extension. Here are the steps to disable it.
- From your Fireflies Chrome Extension click on Settings
- Click on the AskFred toggle button to disable it.
- Once done, refresh your Chrome browser and the AskFred button will no longer appear
How to Move the AskFred button
- To move the AskFred button, hover your mouse over it and hold down the left mouse button. Next, click on the dotted lines that appear on the right-hand side of the button.
- Then, you can simply drag and drop the AskFred button to any location on the screen.
Hope this article helped you to know about AskFred for Chrome browser. If you still have any questions regarding AskFred or AI credits, feel free to drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.