In this article, let us explore what the Fireflies.ai tool is and how it works.
What is Fireflies.ai?
- Fireflies is an AI meeting assistant that joins your meetings and automatically takes notes for you. Our AI assistant's name is Fred. You can invite Fred (email@example.com) to your meetings as a participant and start recording your meetings.
How Fireflies.ai works?
Here's a brief overview of how Fireflies works.
- Step #1: Signup to Fireflies using your Google or Outlook account. Configure the meeting autojoin and recap settings so that Fireflies only joins the meetings and shares meeting recaps only with people you want to.
- Step #2: Fireflies connects to your calendar (Google/Outlook) that has a web conferencing URL or password. This could be Zoom, Gmeet, Skype, WebEx, or any of these popular Web conferencing platforms.
- Step #3: Fireflies will send out an email to all meeting participants usually an hour before the meeting, informing them that the meeting will be recorded for note-taking purposes.
- Step #4: Fireflies will join the meeting a few minutes before the start time. It will then ask permission to join the meeting and the meeting host will receive a prompt.
- Step #5: After the meeting, Fireflies processes the meeting transcript within five to ten mins, and sends the meeting recap emails to you or your participants based on the meeting settings you’ve configured.
- Step #6: The final meeting will be available in your Fireflies Notebook. You can click on the meeting, and see the transcripts and the complete conversational analytics.
- You can edit, share it with teammates and even download the transcripts and recordings.
If you still have any questions regarding how to start using Fireflies, drop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.