In this article, let us see the steps to use Fireflies while you are in a meeting.
Add Fireflies as a participant in your meeting
- Fireflies will join the meeting a few minutes before the start time. It will then ask permission to join the meeting and the meeting host will receive a prompt.
- When granted entry by the host, it joins the meeting as a participant with the name Fireflies.ai Notetaker<your name> and starts recording the calls.
Related article: How to add Fireflies to a meeting
Use Voice Commands
- Fireflies will then capture the meeting audio, video, and speaker names. You can also use voice commands like “remind me” or “note that” etc to create tasks on your Project Management apps that you have connected.
- Here is a detailed guide on how to use voice commands to create tasks on a Project management App like Asana
Related article: How to use voice commands to trigger tasks on Asana
Remove Fireflies from your meeting
- At any point in the meeting, if you want to remove Fireflies from the meeting you can go to your participants list, click on the Fireflies notetaker, and click on remove participant.
- Fireflies will then leave the meeting and will send you the transcripts and the meeting recording till that point.
Related article: How to remove Fireflies from your meetings
Re-invite Fireflies to your meeting
- If you want to re-invite Fireflies back into your meeting, you can use the Live meeting option within your Fireflies dashboard, paste the meeting URL and click on the invite Fireflies option.
Related article: How to reinvite Fireflies to a meeting using the Live meeting option
Stop the meeting
- Once you are ready to end the meeting you can simply press the end call button to end your meeting. In a few minutes, Fireflies will start processing your meetings.
Key Points to Note During your meetings:
- Fireflies Notetaker bot joins your meetings upon approval
- If there is a delay in approving the permission or if a meeting room is enabled, Fireflies will wait up to 20-30 mins and exit beyond that time.
- To process your meeting transcripts, Fireflies needs to be in the meeting for a minimum duration of 3 mins. So, any meeting less than three minutes can’t be processed by Fireflies.
- Fireflies will stay in your meeting till the end of the meeting or for a maximum duration of 150 mins. For example, if your meeting extends to 180 mins, Fireflies will process the transcripts up to 150 mins.
Hope this article, showed you the different steps to use Fireflies during the meeting. Next, you can check out how to use Fireflies after your meetings to download transcripts and get the call analytics.
In case you've any further questions, feel free to email us at email@example.com