In this article, we will cover what AskFred is, what AI credits are, and how the credits are priced.
What is AskFred?
AskFred, is a ChatGPT-like assistant to which you can ask specific questions about your meetings, like:
- How many licenses did the prospect want to purchase?
- What did the candidate say were his greatest strengths?
- What were the next steps discussed about the SEO project?
AskFred will then answer these questions for you, helping you analyze a one-hour meeting in just five minutes. You can find AskFred inside your meeting notepad, under the meeting title.
Related Article: What is AskFred? How to AskFred Questions and Get Answers
What are AI credits and how does AskFred work?
AskFred utilises AI credits to run prompts or queries. In the future, AI Credits will also be used to run other AI extensions.
This is how AI credits will be consumed:
- Every question/query to AskFred will count as one AI Credit. (ex: How many licenses did the prospect want to purchase - This will count as one AI credit)
- In the future, depending on how complicated or expensive a query gets, more than one credit may be required per query
Here are some more highlights about AI credits:
- AI credits aren’t consumed to process general meeting summaries. In-built meeting summaries are already included in the Pro & Business plans
- You will be also be able to use AI credits when custom AI extensions are launched in the future
- By default, AI credits are shared with all your teammates in your workspace
- Your monthly AI credits will renew at the start of each monthly cycle
Related Article: Conversational Intelligence in Fireflies
How are the AI Credits priced?
- In order to use AskFred to ask questions or generate content, you will have to subscribe to an AI Credits package
- The AI Credits monthly packages will provide you with a number of AI Credits per month, which you will be able to utilize on AskFred and other AI Extensions
- Find below the different options for AI Credits packages, along with the corresponding prices
Here is how the cost structure looks like for AI Credits:
How to change or edit your AI Credits subscription?
- You can also go to the Settings and click on the billings section
- Here you can edit the subscriptions and change the number of credits you might need
- You can change the number of AI Credits and click on Save
Does AskFred support multiple languages?
- AskFred supports multiple languages. For example, let’s say you’re a native Spanish speaker, and have set the preferred language as Spanish on your Fireflies settings.
- You can go to your respective meetings and AskFred a specific question in your preferred language. (ex: Spanish)
- You’ll see that AskFred replies in the preferred language (ex: Spanish)
Related Article: Know About Multiple Language Transcription Support
How to get started with AI Credits and AskFred?
- If you’re on a paid plan (Pro, Business, or Enterprise) you’ll see the Try AskFred button on your Fireflies dashboard. You can click on the button and access AskFred.
- This takes you to the 7-day free trial of AI credits. You can select the number of credits you want. (min: 50 credits/month, max: 10K credits/month).
Here’s how the you can use AskFred and AI credits in the trial period:
- Once you click on the start 7-day free trial button, your trial period will begin. You’ll also get to see how many days are left in your AskFred trial
- During your trial period, you can use as many credits or ask as many questions as you want to AskFred without any limits.
- After your 7-day trial, you will be auto-subscribed to the plan you have selected. You’ll be able to see the total credits you’ve on your Fireflies dashboard
- You can also edit your AI Credits package during your 7-day trial (by going to the settings>billing). At the end of the trial you will be auto-subscribed to that specific plan and be charged for it.
Hope this article gives you an overview of the AI credits, AskFred and the pricing.
So, how many AI credits will you need?
- You can start with a free trial and try AskFred for 7 days without any limits. Depending on the number of questions you ask, you can select an appropriate plan for you.
Let us see a scenario of how credits get consumed. Assume that you have 50 credits/month.
- You’ve asked a question to AskFred: List blog ideas from the meeting about "seo". In this case, AskFred gives you a short answer of 3 points.
Total credits consumed: 1 credit/question
You’ve asked a question to Ask Fred: Share some best practices for coaching sales reps? In this case, AskFred gives you a long answer with 8 best practices for coaching sales reps.
Total credits consumed: 1 credit/question
So, as of now, only 1 credit will be consumed per question irrespective of the length of AskFred’s replies.
How to cancel the AI credits subscription without canceling the subscription?
- When you want to cancel your AI subscription, you can do so by going to the Settings and click on Billings
- Go to the Ask Fred add-on and click on the Edit subscription option
- Within the Edit transcription, you find the option to cancel your subscription. You can click on it to cancel the Ask Fred subscription without canceling your Fireflies subscription.
So, What’s next?
Start a 7-day trial and explore AI Credits and AskFred, to begin with. Make your meeting life easy with AskFred: The ChatGPT-like meeting assistant.