There are a number of reasons why Fred failed to join your meeting.
Scenario 1 :: Your Autojoin Setting is on Manual
- Go to Settings and then click Basic.
- If it is on Join only when I invite firstname.lastname@example.org, you need to manually invite email@example.com to your meetings. You can also use Chrome Extension for this purpose.
Scenario 2 :: An invite was not sent to Fred
- When sending an invite to Fred, please make sure that you press the send invitation to Google Calendar guests
Scenario 3 :: There's no URL or Dial-in number and PIN on the Calendar Invite
- Fred needs a URL or Dial-in number and PIN for it to join your meeting. Here's a guide on how to do this: https://guide.fireflies.ai/en/articles/3083012-invite-fireflies-to-meetings
- You can check out the guide listed in our Web Conferencing Integrations help guide if you are using an app other than Google Meet or Zoom.
Scenario 4 :: Fred was not able to parse the URL or Dial-in number and PIN properly
- On rare cases, Fred has a hard time processing the invite if there are a lot of unnecessary text on the calendar invite.
- Keep the URL or Dial-in number and PIN and remove the rest of the text
Scenario 5 :: You did not sign-up properly
- Make sure that you completed the onboarding process before inviting Fred to a meeting.
- If you are not sure, just go to app.fireflies.ai/setup to finish the set up process
If there are still issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and be ready with the following information:
- Meeting title
- Time of meeting (please include Time zone)
- Web conferencing app used (Example: Zoom, Hangouts, Google Meet, etc)
- Screenshot of the invite
- Did Fred send a confirmation email that it will be joining?